Saturday, March 21, 2009

The Week After

So, the triathlon was a week ago and I stayed on a high for a few days. It was just this amazing feeling of going after something that you didn't think you could do and then doing it.

Unfortunately (and fortunately, since that's how I make money), I had a project last week and I got totally immersed in that. But I got to talk about it every once in awhile and felt that proud rush all over again.

I was also pleased at the support that came to me for my Nepal trip. I've gotten some checks already and I'm hoping that others who promised they would give actually do. I've got $500. I have no idea how I'm going to get to $10,000. I'm really going to have to change some ways of doing things for that.

This morning, Robb and I rode 15 miles. A delightful, fun ride full of conversation and beautiful weather. It was my first ride since the tri. There is a real difference in my attitude. In training before, I was thinking about "can I do it?" or "what will it be like." For this ride, I'm planning and strategizing about how I can do it better. I'm totally hooked.

And, even better, Robb is committed to doing one in July. We'll be the big, fat triathlon family. Awesome!

No comments: