Monday, March 16, 2009

The AfterGlow


I'm trying to be humble. I'm trying to move onto other things. But I just can't. I'm just pleased as punch with myself. I did a Triathlon. I did something that impresses the heck out of me! I set a really big goal and I made it.

I go into project tomorrow and I know I'll get sucked into the world of work and fast food (the topic this week), but for now, I'm just enjoying every minute.

I'm not too terribly sore which, to me, means that I trained well. And I had to fight the urge to want to bike ride today, which means that I either love it or am nuts.

I want to wear my medal and shout out to the whole world what I've done. I want them to look at me, my big thighs and butt and go "really?!" I want to tell everyone in the world that they can do anything that they set their mind to. If I can do this, they can do anything.

And when I thought I could be no more impressed with myself, I got my times.

Swim-10:55. Seriously? I did 11 minutes in the pool. Not doing mostly breast stroke. And not with 100 other people. Under 11 minutes is nuts.

Transition 1-9:41. Yeah, that's pitiful. I need work there. I added 2 minutes helping Kyle. But if the time that I'm most disappointed about is T1, I'll live with that.

Bike-48.26. Again, I'm very happy with that. I thought I was going fast, but that is an average of 15 mph, almost 2mph faster than my fastest training time. Wow!

Transition 2--2.19. I'm ok with that in my first race. Kyle did it in 52 seconds. That's a transition.

Run-34.56. I normally run a 15 minute mile. For those of you who run, you should be rolling on the floor laughing right now. Many people can walk that fast. But for 2.75 miles, that means I did 12.5 minute mile! I've NEVER run that fast.

Total--1:46. I was hoping for under 2 hours. I got it. By a lot. I really am so happy with those times.

Kyle's times:
Swim-11:43. He struggled with it he said, and floated on his back for some. But still, that is an impressive time. Before the race we said that anything under 15 minutes was a win!

Transition 1-- 11:34. Yeah. Oops. Oh well.

Bike 56:45. This is a great time considering that he had just done his first full 12 mile bike 3 days before. AND, he stopped to help a fellow racer.

Trans :52 (impressive)

Run 33:11 His 5Ks have been averaging around 13 min/mile. This was 12 min/mile. Again, darned impressive.

Total 1:54. Under 2 hours, baby!

No comments: