Sunday, September 21, 2008

Update on The News Cycle Junkie

I'm trying. I'm really trying. My goal was to step away FOR ONE WEEKEND from the news for general ulcer-avoidance.

I went to have a pedicure and the TV was on. I read and tried not to watch it. But when they put me somewhere to dry, I was RIGHT UNDER the TV and it was loud right over my head. I had to check the weather online last night and couldn't help seeing the headlines (I didn't check though). Regular radio is AWFUL. Even my favorite part of Saturday Night Live is the opening skit about politics (and last night was particularly funny). I wasn't going to watch it, but the kids found it this morning! ARGH!

Why is it that so many people can avoid the news like it doesn't exist...but yet they can tell you day-to-day who Britney Spears is dating. For me, even when I want to, I can't get away from it.

No comments: