Friday, September 19, 2008

The News is Killing Me!!

Okay, so I am a news junkie. I wake up to NPR news. I look forward to long drives where I can hear the full two hours of a NPR broadcast (either Morning Edition OR All Things Considered). In addition, I have XM Radio. On that, I usually listen to one of four stations:
  • POTUS08--All election, all the time. 24/7. EXCELLENT coverage. Great commentaries. No arguing. Intelligent. And fascinating.
  • CNN--Only when POTUS 08 is presenting a stump speech I've already heard or don't care about.
  • America Left--yes, talk radio for the left. The anti-Rush Libaugh. I actually don't like the hate on left radio either, but I can't help it.
  • Entertainment Channel--for a little fluff.

But with all that is happening--the false messages, the economy, our debt that just reaches astronomical levels, the greed, the power, the war--I have found myself at the beginning of an ulcer. When I listened to the news this morning, my stomach got upset. And continued all day.

So, I'm cutting myself off from the news this weekend. NO NEWS. It's not as easy as it sounds. My homepage has headlines on it--I can't go there. I have to listen to music in the car (boring). It's kind of like after 9/11 or during hurricanes. Sometimes you just have to step away.

I think that is why I'm blogging. Without my news, what else am I going to do?

No comments: